All over India, there are a large number of schools which provide boarding as well as day schooling facilities. Choosing or selecting one among them for the children might be a difficult task. But when you are aware of the city from where you want to choose the school. Then, it will not be a tough job to find the best boarding school for your child.
Dehradun, also known as ‘the hub of education’ because of having a good no. of schools. Out of many good schools in Dehradun, The Asian School is a Day-Cum-Boarding school in Dehradun. This means that the school provides both day school as well as boarding facilities to the children.
There is no better place for a child to appreciate the joys of nature and to become environment-friendly. Situated on a 16-acre campus at ‘Asian acre’, Vasant Vihar, Indira Nagar in Dehradun. The school provides co-education to the children from Nursery Class to 12th Class and is affiliated to CBSE Board.
Established in the year 2000 by Asian Educational Charitable Trust Society. The school continues to prosper under the umbrella of Mr. Amarjeet Juneja, the co-founder of the school. The Asian School is also ranked as #1 co-educational Boarding School in Dehradun.
The locality and atmosphere of the school both are very divine as it provides wonderful opportunities for the children to grow spiritually, mentally and individually.
The school offers a lot in terms of academic, cultural and physical development of the students. The campus amenities, food, experienced teaching staff & wardens make it a good modern education hub.
It also encourages children to develop sound ethical values. The school treats all its students as a big family. This builds their confidence and inspires them for the betterment of the nation.
Some of the key features that make it the best boarding school are:
1. Co-curricular activities include rock climbing, horse riding, yoga, meditation, judo, taekwondo, karate practice, and training sessions are also given to the students.
2. Various Cultural Programmes like singing, dancing, cultural music are also organized on the school campus. Traditional, cultural & ethnic songs of different states are sung as well as played or practiced by the students of all class.
3. Educational activities like recent & globally popular topics of English debates are given to each child to overcome the problem of speaking in front of others. English- Hindi extempore for all the students from classes 4th to 12th are also conducted from time to time.
4. Every student is encouraged to take part in one or the other sports activity. The school provides sports education & extensive physical education programmes. Various sport games like badminton, volleyball, basketball, cricket are also being played in the Asian school. A large court for games like volley & basketball, skating track and equitably large ground for cricket.
5. A modern well-equipped library full of good knowledgeable books is present in the academic complex of the school where students can take full advantage of reading those.
In fact, this school has all the things what it takes to be the best schools in India. The Asian School is a hub for Academics and sports activities giving the students rich exposure to the world.